Adult Beginner Sewing Boot Camp
The Hipstitch Academy Beginner Sewing Bootcamp is a Learn to Sew Program to teach adult beginners how to sew in a series of Weekly Classes (15 Hours of curriculum total).
In the Beginner Sewing Boot Camp, the class the lessons are divided into five different modules where students will make a series of five simple, fashionable, wearable and useful projects that focus on learning key sewing skills. After completing this course, students will be able to utilize these sewing skills proficiently on their own. This course effectively teaches adult students how to sew using a fun, informative & proven curriculum.
In addition to basic sewing skills, the Hipstitch Academy sewing patterns and tutorials used in this class curriculum will teach your sewing students:
- Basic sewing pattern reading,
- Basic fashion design techniques
- Project customization based on student aesthetic and fit.
- What's Included
Module 1 Sewing Machine Basics: Introduction to the sewing machine & basic sewing. Learning to thread & operate the sewing machine properly. Basic straight stitching & steering the sewing machine. Basic project construction. Right side vs. wrong side of fabric. Working with polyfill stuffing. Project: Mini Pin Cushion/Pillow
Module 2 Sewing Straight Lines: Review of machine & sewing. Mastery of threading & filling the bobbin on the sewing machine. Basic accessory design & construction. Working with interfacing. Clipping the corners. Properly sewing a button. Topstitching techniques. Project: Heather Clutch Bag
Module 3 Sewing With Dimension: Constructing & turning straps right side out. Advanced bag construction skill. Introduction to bag gussets, Working with lining to eliminating raw edges. Cutting the fabric “on the fold”. Project: Mia Messenger Bag
Module 4 Sewing Something To Wear: Introduction to reading a pattern. Following instructions for project construction. Construction of pockets. Making ties. Making something reversible. Project: Rebecca Reversible Chef Apron Module 5 Sewing Something Fitted: Review of pattern reading. Introduction to garment fit. Hemming on a rounded edge. Inserting a zipper. Sewing a yolk. Project: Esther A-Line Skirt
Beginner Sewing Boot Camp Curriculum Includes:
- Instructor Lesson Plans for teaching Modules 1-5. This includes new skills, sewing concepts & sewing vocabulary used in making project.
- PDF Print-at-Home Sewing Patterns for the 5 class projects: Mini Pillow/Pin Cushion, Heather Envelope Clutch, Mia Messenger Bag, Rebecca Reversible Chef Apron, Esther A-Line Skirt.
- Step-by-step, easy to follow Student Project Tutorials (with full color photographs) for all 5 class projects.
- Basic Sewing Maze Handout
- Sewing Machine Parts Handout
- Hi-Res Photographs of all finished projects to be used for your marketing purposes.
- Projects that have actually been tested (multiple times) in adult sewing classes.
- BONUS: All Five of the Modules can be used as stand-alone 2-3 hour sewing classes Module 1: Sewing Machine Basics | Module 2: Heather Envelope Clutch | Module 3: Mia Messenger Bag | Module 4: Rebecca Reversible Apron | Module 5: Esther A-Line Skirt
Sew Much Value:
- We suggest a ratio of 1 instructor for up to 8 adults enrolled in the class.
- We suggest charging $250-$350 usd for the 15 hour course (~$17-$23/hr) depending on your market. You can charge more to include the cost of the fabric. We find giving our students the option of bringing their own fabric or purchasing it from our studio works best for us.
- In addition to the course lesson plan, patterns & tutorials that come with this curriculum, purchasers will have never ending value, as they can teach this class an unlimited number of times. We’ve been teaching this 15 Hour sewing course at our studio in Hoboken, NJ since 2006. On average we’ve teach it 6-7 times per year. The projects and concepts included in the curriculum are timeless.
Beginner Sewing Boot Camp Curriculum
Introductory Price: $169.00 usd
Earn your investment + more in your first class!
8 Students at $250/each = $2000 Revenue