Funny Bunny Pattern & Tutorial
Funny Bunny is an adorable stuffed animal sewing project that allows young stitchers the ability to design and create their very own stuffed animal in 2-3 hours. Finished size is approximately 8”w x 10″t. Skills learned in this project include making a stuffed animal from start to finish, machine sewing, hand sewing, how to hand sew flat buttons, how to make pleats, how to hand sew clothes on a stuffed animal after it’s been stuffed.
This project is part of the Animal Crackers sewing project theme. It was was named after the small flat crackers/cookies shaped like animals. The projects in this theme were made with the younger stitcher in mind (1st, 2nd & 3rd graders) but can be made with older kids, as well. The shapes are simple, yet help new seamsters perfect their skills sewing things beyond straight lines. Almost every project has some hand sewing elements in it, as well.
This project is #3 in a series of 5 kids sewing projects that are part of the Animal Crackers Sewing Project Curriculum.
- All our kids sewing projects are simple enough for any beginning stitcher, yet tutorial includes methods for making projects more challenging for more experienced sewing students.
- All projects require approximately 1 yard or less of basic quilters cotton fabric.
- Download includes PDF print-at-home sewing pattern & step by step tutorial with full color photographs of each step
- All our kids sewing projects that have actually been tested (multiple times) in kids sewing classes with lots of kids.
- Pattern and instructions are made for kids to understand.
- If you’re using this project with your kids sewing classes, please contact us directly about getting a teachers license for using this project in your classes.
- Please note: You’re purchasing an instructional download with 2 files to make this project at home. It does not include supplies or the actual sewing project.