We are an online sewing studio. This means you can take our sewing classes from ANYWHERE.
There is no physical sewing studio location.
Our Sewing Classes for Kids & Adults are taught using live video instruction on zoom.
For 17 years we had a physical sewing studio in Hoboken NJ where we taught thousands of people how to sew.
Now using modern video technology and our years of expertise in sewing education, we're on a mission to teach even more people how to sew.
Check the menus above to learn more about what we do.
If you have questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Rachael has always loved creating things and learning the process of how something is made. As a young girl she would spend hours making woven potholders on a small plastic loom, knotting friendship bracelets with embroidery thread, or drawing and coloring in a sketchbook. But when she learned how to sew, everything made sense!
Her love of sewing began in her middle school home economics class. She had a wonderful teacher who taught hand sewing and sewing machine basics and Rachael never looked back!
She graduated the International Academy of Design and Technology in Chicago with a bachelor's degree in Fashion Design and has been a freelance designer and seamstress for the past 15 years.
Working with M Avery Designs Sewing Studio allows Rachel to inspire creativity through sewing and to teach anyone who wants to learn.
The first thing sewing studio owner Megan ever sewed is a quilted jacket with giant frog toggles. It was a project for her 4-H Club Clothing Review when she was ten and an active member in her local 4-H club, The Handy Helpers.
What she loves most about teaching sewing is that she can relive this experience almost daily with her sewing students. Her studio M Avery Designs, and sewing, still bring her the same happiness she felt at ten sewing with the 4-H Club. She strives to pass this on to her students, from kids as young as age 6 to adults who have never picked up a needle and thread.
As a full time creative entrepreneur for the last 18+ years, Megan has gone from custom handbag designer, to sewing instructor & studio owner, to creative business coach helping others to have successful sewing schools.
- There are no monetary refunds for canceling for last minute canceling or not showing up to any coaching session.
- If you cancel or reschedule within 48 hours of your scheduled coaching session or don't show up, the meeting will be forfeited. If you have a package of coaching sessions, the missed or canceled session will be deducted from your package.
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for a scheduled session with no notice, your coaching session will be forfeited or deducted from your package.
- There are no monetary refunds for canceling registration or not showing up to any classes or lessons. If something comes up, you can transfer the registration to another class if this is done at least one week prior to the class starting.
- If you cancel or reschedule within 48 hours of your scheduled private/duet lesson or don't show up, the lesson will be deducted from your package.
- If you show up late for your private/duet lesson, the lesson will still end at the scheduled time.
- If you are more than 20 minutes late for your private/duet lesson and the instructor has not heard from you, we'll consider the lesson a no show and your lesson will be deducted from your package.
- If you need to reschedule a class, this needs to be done at least 1 week before the class starts.
- You must sign up for a class BEFORE a class to be guaranteed a spot. It's best to sign up at least a few days before the class to ensure your spot. It also helps us properly plan for the class.
- We reserve the right to cancel a class without sufficient enrollment. If this happens to you, you'll be notified at least 2 full days before the class starts. You can choose to have the cost of the class fee fully refunded or you can apply the balance of the class to your account to be used for a future class or lesson.
- We are not able to pro-rate any ongoing classes for non-attendance a single session.