The Hipstitch Academy Bag Lab Adult Sewing Class Curriculum is a Learn to Sew Program to teach adult beginners & intermediate stitchers how to sew in a series of Weekly Classes sewing bags. (9-10 Hours of curriculum total).
In the Bag Lab, the class the lessons are divided into four different modules where students will make a series of four basic, yet progressively more challenging, fashionable bags including:
In addition to basic sewing skills, the Hipstitch Academy sewing patterns and tutorials used in this class curriculum will teach your sewing students:
- Basic sewing pattern reading
- How to sew bags with linings and no raw edges
- How to make adjustable bag straps of all lengths
- How to sew zippers & more.
- Curriculum Modules
- What's Included
Fold Over Clutch
Hobo Tote Bag
Module 1: Review of the sewing machine & basic sewing. Parts of the Machine review & handout. Review of threading & operating the sewing machine properly. Basic straight stitching & steering the sewing machine. How to sew a zipper in a bag. How to sew a lining in a bag with no raw edges showing Project: Cosmetic Bag
Module 2: How to construct a purse with a lining & shoulder straps, How to create and attach a lined pocket, topstitching & sewing curves. Project: Hobo Tote
Module 3: How to sew a zippered bag, How to sew a zippered & gusseted pocket, How to sew adjustable straps, How to sew a backpack. Project: Mini Backpack
Module 4: Review of how to insert a zipper into a bag, Working with heavier fabric like upholstery, vinyl, pleather, etc. Review of how to make a fully lined bag with now raw edges showing inside.Project: Fold over clutch.
Bag Lab Curriculum Includes:
- Instructor Lesson Plans for teaching Modules 1-4. This includes new skills, sewing concepts & sewing vocabulary used in making project.
- PDF Print-at-Home Sewing Patterns for the 4 class projects: Cosmetic Bag, Hobo Tote, Mini Backpack & Fold Over Clutch
- Step-by-step, easy to follow Student Project Tutorials (with full color photographs) for all 4 class projects.
- Sewing Machine Parts Handout
- Hi-Res Photographs of all finished projects to be used for your marketing purposes.
- Projects that have actually been tested (multiple times) in adult sewing classes.
- Session pacing suggestions for 3 Week, 4 Week & 6 Week class.
Sew Much Value:
- We suggest a ratio of 1 instructor for up to 8 adults enrolled in the class.
- We suggest charging $169-$249 usd for the 9-10 hour course depending on your market. You can charge more to include the cost of the fabric or hav students bring their own. We have found including the cost of the fabrics in enrollment price works well.
- In addition to the course lesson plan, patterns & tutorials that come with this curriculum, purchasers will have never ending value, as they can teach this class an unlimited number of times.
Bag Lab Curriculum $99
Earn your investment + more in your first class!
8 Students at $169/each = $1,352 Revenue