The Scrappy Potholder is a quick and easy sewing project that kids of all ages loves to use when baking and helping out in the kitchen! This project is part of the “Kitchen Helper” sewing project theme from Hipstitch Academy. It requires very little fabric, making it a wonderful scrap busting project. It only requires straight stitching, so it’s perfect for beginners. Kids love to make this project!
This download includes the instructor lesson plan, student tutorial, sewing pattern and three hi-res photographs for creating the Scrappy Potholder sewing project. When you purchase this download you’ve also purchased the rights to teach this sewing project in any sewing class going forward, as many times as you’d like. The hi-res photographs can be used for promotion of the sewing classes you teach.
As with all our lesson plans, this project is designed to be used for teaching people of all ages important, fundamental sewing skills.
Here is everything included in the Project Package Download:
- Scrappy Potholder PDF print-at-home sewing pattern.
- Scrappy Potholder PDF print-at-home student tutorial with full color photographs for each step.
- Scrappy Potholder Instructor Lesson plan.
- New sewing concepts and relevant vocabulary (included in lesson plan).
- Suggestions for shortening and lengthening project based on class time restraints and students skill levels (included in lesson plan).
- Three Hi-Res photographs of Scrappy Potholder Project to be used for marketing purposes.
- Projects that have actually been tested (multiple times) in kids sewing classes.