The Newsie Cap project is part of the Accessories Make the Girl sewing project theme from Hipstitch Academy. The newsie cap is an adorable, simplified, un-lined hat sewing project. One of the best features of this project is that it’s easily customized to each students head. Only 1/2 yard of cotton fabric is required.
This download includes the instructor lesson plan, student tutorial, sewing pattern and three hi-res photographs for creating the Newsie Cap sewing project. When you purchase this download you’ve also purchased the rights to teach this sewing project in any sewing class going forward, as many times as you’d like. The hi-res photographs can be used for promotion of the sewing classes you teach.
As with all our lesson plans, this project is designed to be used for teaching people of all ages important, fundamental sewing skills.
Here is everything included in the Project Package Download:
- Newsie Cap PDF print-at-home sewing pattern.
- Newsie Cap PDF print-at-home student tutorial with full color photographs for each step.
- Newsie Cap Instructor Lesson plan.
- New sewing concepts and relevant vocabulary (included in lesson plan).
- Suggestions for shortening and lengthening project based on class time restraints and students skill levels (included in lesson plan).
- Three Hi-Res photographs of Newsie Cap Project to be used for marketing purposes.
- Projects that have actually been tested (multiple times) in both children’s & adult sewing classes.